Degree programmes offered at the School of Medicine
Bachelor's Degree Programmes
Nursing | Infermieristica
Midwifery | Ostetricia
Biomedical Laboratory Techniques | Tecniche di Laboratorio Biomedico
Imaging and Radiotherapy Techniques | Tecniche di radiologia medica, per immagini e radioterapia
Master's Degree Programmes
6-year Single Cycle Master's Degree Programmes
Degree programmes offered at the Department of Biomedical Sciences
Bachelor's Degree Programmes
Biotechnology | Biotecnologie
Biological Sciences | Scienze Biologiche
Psychological Sciences and Techniques of Cognitive Processes | Scienze e Tecniche Psicologiche dei Processi Cognitivi
Sport and Physical Exercise Sciences and Well-Being | Scienze Motorie, Sportive e Benessere dell'Uomo
Master's Degree Programme
Course units offered at the School of Medicine in academic year 2019/2020
- Didattica Erogata Fisioterapia 2019-20
- Didattica Erogata Infermieristica 2019-20
- Didattica Erogata Scienze Infermieristiche 2019-20
- Didattica Erogata Medicina e Chirurgia 2019-20
- Didattica Erogata Odontoiatria 2019-20
- Physiotherapy Course units 2019-20 (English version)
- Nursing Course units 2019-20 (English version)
- Nursing Masters Course units 2019-20 (English version)
- Medicine Course units 2019-20 (English version)
- Dentistry Course units 2019-20 (English version)
Course units offered at the Department of Biomedical Sciences in academic year 2019/2020
- Didattica Erogata Scienze Biomediche 2019-20 (Scienze Biologiche, Biotechnologie, Biologia Sperimentale Applicata)
- Didattica Erogata Scienze e Tecniche Psicologiche 2019-20
- Biomedical Sciences Programmes Course units 2019-20 (English version)
- Psychological Sciences Course units 2019-20 (English version)
Course units offered at the School of Medicine in academic year 2018/2019
- Didattica Erogata Fisioterapia 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Infermieristica 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Ostetricia 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Tecnico di Laboratorio Biomedico 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Scienze Infermieristiche 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Medicina e Chirurgia 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Odontoiatria 2018-19
- Physiotherapy Course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Nursing Course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Midwifery course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Biomedical Laboratory Techniques Course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Nursing Masters Course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Medicine Course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Dentistry Course units 2018-19 (English version)
Course units offered at the Department of Biomedical Sciences in academic year 2018/2019
- Didattica Erogata Biotechnologie 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Scienze Biologiche 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Scienze e Tecniche Psicologiche 2018-19
- Didattica Erogata Biologia Sperimentale Applicata 2018-19
- Biotechnology Course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Biological Sciences Course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Psychological Sciences Course units 2018-19 (English version)
- Experimental and Applied Biology Course units 2018-19 (English version)
Course Units Contents and Language of Instruction
Details of the course units can be found using a dedicated search tool on the Self Studenti Uniss website.
Please use the links top left to change language (Italian/English).
Search teaching activities – Ricerca insegnamenti:
The filters can be used to select the teaching activities of the degree programme you are interested in, for example:
Academic year: 2020/21
Faculty: [Select eg. Scienze Biomediche (Dip)]
Course: [Select the degree programme - optional]
Professor: [Professors name - optional]
Teaching activity: [Name of course/teaching activity - optional]
The course code is given in red before the title of the course (once you click on the link)
You can also search for by Professor.
Search by Professor - Ricerca Docenti:
Course unit contents (Italian, pdf format)
Programmi degli insegnamenti erogati 2017-18 CdL Fisioterapia
Programmi degli insegnamenti erogati 2017-18 CdL Infermieristica
Programmi degli insegnamenti erogati 2017-18 CdLM Scienze infermieristiche
Programmi degli insegnamenti erogati 2017-18 CdLM Medicina
Programmi degli insegnamenti erogati 2017-18 CdLM Odontoiatria
Language of Instruction
Subjects are offered in Italian, we recommend a B1 level of knowledge of the Italian or the English language. A large majority of lecturers will offer assistance and materials in English, but maybe not all.
Exams are in Italian, but some Professors may allow students to take the exam in English. It is at the teacher's discretion.
Please consult the course unit list of the relevant degree programme above and include course codes in your Learning Agreement.
Please note that you if you choose course units from different years of study or from different programmes, courses may overlap and attendance is mandatory. This means that if you do not attend at least 80% of the course you will not be admitted to the exams.
For the definition and approval of the Learning Agreement, please contact the relevant referent teacher.
- Referent teacher list - School of Medicine
- Referent teacher list - Department of Biomedical Sciences
The Academic Calendar with semester dates for academic year 2019/2020 for the School of Medicine is available at the following link:
For the Biotechnology Programme the Academic Calendar is available here:
The lesson timetable is available at the following link:
Please click the in the left hand column on the calendar icon and then search by degree programme, by teacher, or by course-
The timetable is updated before the begining of each Semester.
Lessons normally run from the begining of October to the end of January and from the begining of March to the end of June, with exam sessions in February (whole month), July (whole month) and September (whole month).
Please consult the academic calendar for more information.
The exam timetable is available on the Self Studenti Uniss website. Exam sessions are held in February (whole month), July (whole month) and September (whole month).
Exam timetable search (Ricerca Appelli):
Please use the links top left to change langage (Italian/English)
Select the relevant Department from the list:
for example Scienze Biomediche (Dip)
You can find exam dates by degree programme (Corso di studio), Teaching activity (Attività didattica), or by Professor (Docente).
The Exam search result will list the course unit name (Attività didattica), the dates that exam booking will be available on the self student website (Periodo iscrizioni), the date and time of the exam, the exam type (oral/written), the name of the professor, the number of students who have booked the exam.
Please note that exam booking is only available for a limited time (two weeks) and closes a few days before the exam so please check the exam booking window well in advance of the exam.
It is not possible to take exams outside of the fixed exam date.
An exam calender view is also available at the following link:
At the University of Sassari we have an online procedure for exam registration from the student database, Self Studenti Uniss.
Online exam registration (verbalizzazione online) is available for all full course units/subjects within the Syllabus of degree programmes offered at the University of Sassari.
Some courses are divided in modules but single modules cannot be registered online. Students taking individual modules, elective credits, summer schools, Italian as a foreign language courses etc. should register these exams individually on the paper exam registration form provided on arrival at the International Relations Office in Sassari.
For issues related to exam registration please contact Andrea Ledda.
ECTS grade distribution
ECTS credits express the volume of learning based on the defined learning outcomes and their associated workload. 60 ECTS credits are allocated to the learning outcomes and associated workload of a full-time academic year or its equivalent. The workload is an estimation of the time the individual typically needs to complete all learning activities such as lectures, seminars, projects, practical work, work placements and individual study required to achieve the defined learning outcomes in formal learning environments. One credit usually corresponds to 25 to 30 hours of work. [ECTS User’s Guide]
The University of Sassari implements the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) to facilitate the transfer of acquired credits and the academic recognition of studies carried out abroad. As a general rule, at the University of Sassari, 1 CFU (University Educational Credit) credit equals 1 ECTS credit. The list of exams passed by the student, the relative scores and the acquired credits (CFU / ECTS), are reported in the "Transcript of Records", issued by the International Relations Office, according to the information provided by the structures responsible for teaching.
In Italian universities grades are given according to a scale ranging from 0 to 30, with 18 as a passing mark. Grades below 18 are a fail and are not registered. A cum laude may be added to the highest grade (30 e lode), as a special distinction.
The final graduation mark is given on the basis of 110 points. The minimum graduation mark is 66/110, whereas the maximum is 110/110. For outstanding students a cum laude distinction (110 cum laude) may be awarded.
Italian Language courses
Italian Language courses are provided for Incoming Students. These include intensive courses in September-October and in February at the beginng of the semesters, and regular courses in the first and second semesters.
More information about Italian Language courses is available here:
Uniss Smartphone Apps
MyUniss Smartphone App
The University of Sassari has created an official app available Google Play Store and Apple store that allows you to manage your university career and have all the information on educational activities directly from your mobile device.
With MyUniss the student has at his/her disposal a Mobile Student Secretariat, available 24/7, with which it is possible (after authentication with your personal access credentials of the "Self Uniss Students") in particular:
- Consult your university career, with the booklet and all the lessons, the CFU, the available exam sessions;
- Consult and register for exam sessions for the courses in your plan, with an indication of the opening / closing dates and the reference session;
- Receive official university messages;
- Complete the questionnaires of the teaching activities.
Uniss.Orario Smartphone App
Uniss.Orario is the official application of the lesson timetable of the University of Sassari.
With Uniss.Orario you can have on your device:
- Configuration of the degree course, year and educational path.
- Display of lesson times both for the week and for the entire educational cycle.
- Detailed description of the lessons with references to the teachers.
- Classroom availability in real time.